Counselling Psychologist Berkshire - AscotNearest - Train station, Ascot, Berkshire
Counselling psychologists work with people to treat a wide range of issues, including helping them to manage difficult life events, such as bereavement and relationship difficulties. They also help people with mental health issues and disorders.
Talking to a trained therapist, either one-to-one, in a group or with your wife, husband or partner, allows you to look deeper into your problems and worries, and deal with troublesome habits and a wide range of mental disorders, such as depression and schizophrenia.
Counselling Psychology is a specialty within professional psychology that maintains a focus on facilitating personal and interpersonal functioning across the life span. The specialty pays particular attention to emotional, social, vocational, educational, health-related, developmental, and organisational concerns.
The practice of Counselling Psychology encompasses a broad range of culturally-sensitive practices that help people improve their well-being, alleviate distress and maladjustment, resolve crises, and increase their ability to function better in their lives. With its attention to both to normal developmental issues and problems associated with physical, emotional, and mental disorders, the specialisation holds a unique perspective in the broader practice-based areas of psychology.
Counselling Psychologists serve persons of all ages and cultural backgrounds in both individual and group settings. They also consult regularly with organisations seeking to enhance their effectiveness or the well-being of their members.
Interventions used by Counselling Psychologists may be either brief or long-term; they are often problem-specific and goal-directed. These activities are guided by a philosophy that values individual differences and diversity and a focus on prevention, development, and adjustment across the life-span.
To arrange a free 30 min consultation please use the contact form below.
- Counselling Psychology &Psychotherapy can be used to treat a wide range of mental health conditions, including:
- Depression / Emptiness / Ongoing Melancholy
- Stress management / Anger / Negative thought Patterns
- Anxiety, panic attacks and phobias
- Repeating life patterns / staying in unhelpful relationships / not knowing how to manage your relationships with family, parents, partner, work colleagues etc.
- Career and personal development issues
- Effects of childhood abuse
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality Traits / Disorders that interrupt everyday living
- Bereavement & Loss
- Addictions / substance abuse
- Low self esteem / lack of confidence
- Self harm / Suicidal thoughts & feelings
- Anger management
- Eating disorders
- Identity Development ("race" / mixed race / sexuality)
- Sudden life crisis
- Feeling stuck in life
- Interpersonal issues at work
Our clinic is just off the Ascot High Street, Berkshire